- BALEX DELTA 2018
- Baltic 2 Black
- Baltic COMPASS
- Baltic Impulse Cluster
- BALTIC LINes
- BALTIC SCOPE
- BSR WATER
- COMPLETE PLUS
- CORESET I
- FISH-PRO II
- HELCOM Aliens 2
- HELCOM Aliens 3
- HELCOM CORESET II
- HOLAS II
- MANURE STANDARDS
- Pan Baltic Scope
- Plan Bothnia
- RED LIST
- STURGEON Rehabilitation PG
- ZEN QAI II
Initiatives to remove microplastics before they enter the sea
FanpLESStic-sea is an EU INTERREG Baltic Sea Region project aimed at decreasing and removing microplastics in the Baltic Sea.
FanpLESStic-sea envisaged outputs are:
- A model to map, understand and visualize microplastic pathways that will be applied to the partners’ cities and/or region;
- Piloting of new technology i) for filtering out microplastics; ii) sustainable drainage solutions as means for removal of microplastics; and iii) to remove microplastics from stormwater;
- Defining innovative governance frameworks and engaging a large range of players for the implementation of coordinated and cost-efficient measures resulting in locally adapted investment proposals/plans;
- Dissemination of project results, including reports on barriers and ways forward, to increase institutional capacity on up-stream and problem-targeted methods to remove microplastics.
The FanpLESStic-sea project will run for 30 months (January 2019 to June 2021).
Final Conference 30 November 2021
The Final Conference of the project will be held online on 30 November 2021. Global, Baltic Sea region and EU perspectives on addressing microplastics will be shared, as well as the outputs of the FanpLESStic-sea project aiming at contributing to the minimization of this problem.
Information on the Conference is available in the HELCOM Meeting Portal on the FanpLESStic-SEA 1-2021 Meeting Site.
Registration: Participants are kindly requested to register to the Final Conference by answering the Participation Survey on the HELCOM Meeting Portal no later than 26 November 2021. In case you do not have a HELCOM Meeting Portal account, either sign up (and indicate “FanpLESStic” in the field of the “Working Group”) or send a an email to the project coordinator Matleena Vuola (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Registered participants will be sent an online invitation to participate in the Conference.
- Sweden Water Research (SE, Project Coordinator)
- Aalborg University (DK)
- Natural Resources Institute Finland (FI)
- Helsinki Commission (HELCOM)
- Latvian Institute of Aquatic Ecology (LV)
- Siauliai Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Crafts (LT)
- Salt Lofoten AS (NO)
- Gdanks Water Utilities Ltd. (PL)
- Gdansk Water Ltd. (PL)
- State Autonomous Institution of the Kaliningrad region Environmental Center “ECAT Kaliningrad” (RU)
- Luleå University of Technology (SE)
Visit the project website (Sweden Water Research)
Associate Professional Secretary