Baltic Marine Environment
Protection Commission

Research Vessels

Research vessels used in HELCOM monitoring programmes are listed under this page based on data collected within BALSAM project WP5 activities (co- financed by the European Union DG Environment). 

Finnish research vessel Aranda. © Panu Hänninen/Syke

The table below displays common information of research vessels, including a national web page containing vessel information and a link to ship’s current position using MarineTraffic service. Reports of past cruises are available as links in “Completed cruises” column. Column “SeaDataNet CSRs” contains a link to vessel’s SeaDataNet Cruise Summary Reports (if available). By clicking the Name of the vessel, a full list of attribute information is displayed. A system for collecting information on planned cruises from ship operators web site FTP box was developed in the project by Tallinn University.   

Research Vessels Table

NameCall signCountryCompleted CruisesSeaDataNet CSRs
AlkorDBNDGermanyCruise reportsView CSRs
ArandaOIRYFinlandCruise reportsView CSRs
AuroraOUYFDenmarkView CSRs
BalticaSNGHPolandCruise reportsView CSRs
DanaOXBHDenmarkView CSRs
DariusLYIILithuaniaView CSRs
Elisabeth Mann-BorgeseDBKRGermanyCruise reportsView CSRs
GeomariOJ2527FinlandView CSRs
HaithabuDK7933GermanyView CSRs
MareYL2846LatviaView CSRs
MintisLYAPLithuaniaView CSRs
OceanografSPG2054PolandView CSRs
SalmeES2408EstoniaView CSRs
SkagerakSGCDSwedenCruise reportsView CSRs
StrelasundDBVEGermanyView CSRs
VéjúnasLYTNLithuaniaCruise reportsView CSRs