HELCOM Expert Network on Benthic Habitats and Biotopes (EN BENTHIC)
The HELCOM Expert Network on Benthic Habitats and Biotopes (EN BENTHIC) provides expert input towards HELCOM work related to benthic communities, habitats and biotopes.
It supports the coordination of Baltic Sea regional efforts on benthic matters, notably on the implementation of related Baltic Sea Action Plan (BSAP) and subsequent commitments.
EN BENTHIC particularly focusses on:
- Natural marine and coastal landscapes
- Thriving and balanced communities of plants and animals
- Attaining viable populations of species
- Restoring and maintaining sea floor integrity at a level that safeguards ecosystem functions
- Habitats – including associated species – showing a distribution, abundance and quality in line with prevailing physiographic, geographic and climatic conditions
HELCOM Expert Networks are constituted of experts nominated by each HELCOM member country.
For more information, please contact:
Chair of HELCOM Expert Network on Benthic Habitats and Biotopes (EN BENTHIC)
Antonia Nyström Sandman
AquaBiota Water Research, Sweden
Ms. Jannica Haldin
Phone: +358 40 485 5905