HELCOM collects monitoring data and data related to the Baltic Sea into various different thematic databases.
- HELCOM COMBINE database contains data of oceanographic monitoring data gathered by HELCOM Contracting Parties within the COMBINE monitoring programme. Oceanogaphic parameters (nutrients and chl-a can be accessed from the ICES oceanographic database. Monitoring data about concentrations of hazardous substances in water, sediment and biota can be accessed under ICES DOME database.
- Impulsive noise registry hosted by ICES contains impulsive noise events reported by HELCOM Contracting Parties
- Continuous noise database contains continuous low frequency sound monitored under the HELCOM programme in the Baltic sea
- HELCOM Biodiversity database contains macrospecies observation data made available by HELCOM Contracting Parties
- HELCOM/OSPAR Ballast Water Exemptions Decision Support Tool is a joint regional tool to identify low risk routes for IMO Ballast Water Convention exemptions (A-4). The tool contains e.g. data on NIS species observations and port sampling.
- HELCOM PLC Database contains all waterborne nutrient and contaminant discharges stemming from HELCOM pollution load monitoring.
- HELCOM MPA Database (former Baltic Sea Protected Areas (BSPA) database) is designed to centralise relevant information on the Baltic Sea Protected Areas. The database includes general information on the sites and their management plans, as well as lists of species, biotopes, and biotope complexes.
- HELCOM MORS Environmental database contains levels of radioactivity monitored in water, sediment and biota in the Baltic Sea.
- HELCOM MORS Discharge database contains data reported by HELCOM Contracting Parties on airborne and waterborne discharges resulting from nuclear facilities in the Baltic Sea and North Sea region
- HELCOM Coastal fish core indicator database (COOL) contains data collected from coastal fish monitoring and used for coastal fish core indicators.
- HELCOM/ASCOBANS Harbour porpoise database contains observations of sightings, by-catches and strandings as reported by HELCOM Contracting Parties. Data is available from HELCOM Biodiversity database .
- HELCOM AIS Database contains AIS data on ship positions in the Baltic shared by HELCOM Contracting Parties. The aggregated data products (shipping density maps) can be accessed from HELCOM Map and Data service, e.g. for 2020 and from HELCOM AIS Explorer. Access to raw data is described in HELCOM Recommendation 33/1.