Call for photos!
HELCOM has a constant need for quality photographs to support our work for the Baltic marine environment, to be used in printed publications as well as for web, news, and social media purposes. We particularly need photos from the southern and eastern Baltic areas and of people and activities. More abstract photography is also welcome, as long as there is a Baltic connection.
As the budget of HELCOM communications continues to be limited we have minor – albeit some – interest in purchasing photographs. The photographer will naturally always be credited.
When submitting images, please follow these instructions:
- Mention the extent of the publication rights you grant HELCOM and any conditions attached to the rights: can HELCOM use the image(s) freely for non-commercial purposes, is there a fee, etc.
- High-resolution photos are more useful to us than low-resolution photos: at least 3500 px along the long edge, with quality is sufficient for professional printing (low compression)
- If you have many large files, please send the images first as thumbnails, or contact us by email for other sending options
- Name at least the location of the photo and the date when it was taken
- A caption of what the image contains would add extra value
Please contact us by email at info(at)helcom.fi for additional information. We are very grateful for any photo contributions and/or help with spreading this message!