HELCOM will conduct its online meetings using Zoom. To help you prepare for your next HELCOM online meeting, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the meeting guide for participants (PDF) and the instructions below.
- For the best user experience and access to all functionalities, prefer using the Zoom app, downloadable here (“Zoom Client for Meetings”).
- The meeting can be accessed either via the meeting link or the meeting code that was sent to you with the invitation, both through the app or web (https://zoom.us/join)
- If joining via web, prefer Chrome. If not available, use Edge . Other browsers have limitations, notably regarding audio connections.
- If joining via phone, dial-in using your country number (see further instructions below).
- Liaise with your IT department on requirements to join a Zoom meeting or to install the Zoom app. A Zoom account is not required.
- Test connections at least 15 minutes before the meeting starts.
- When connecting to the meeting using a computer and prompted which audio connection to use, choose “computer audio.”
- Allow the app or browser to access your microphone and camera.
- Audio and video issues can be resolved via the audio and video options (see screenshot above); a restart of the app/browser may also help.
 Note that on Edge, screen sharing is only available on Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise
- Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 or +45 32 70 12 06 or +45 32 71 31 57
- Estonia: +372 660 1699 or +372 880 1188
- Finland: +358 3 4109 2129 or +358 9 4245 1488
- Germany: +49 69 7104 9922 or +49 30 5679 5800 or +49 695 050 2596
- Latvia: +371 6303 1808 or +371 6303 1888
- Lithuania: +370 3799 9260 or +370 5214 1488
- Poland: +48 22 307 3488 or +48 22 398 7356
- Russian Federation: +7 495 283 9788 or +7 812 426 8988
- Sweden: +46 850 539 728 or +46 8 4468 2488 or +46 8 5052 0017
- Belgium: +32 2 588 4188 or +32 1579 5132 or +32 2 290 9360
- Find other local numbers here
- Dial your country number and follow the instructions
- When prompted, enter the meeting code followed by #
- Use*6 to mute/unmute
- Use *9 to “raise hand”
Note that your local carrier rates will apply.
- To help identify participants, precede your username with the country abbreviation or, for observers, with the acronym of the organisation, for example “EU – Jane Doe” or “RU – John Doe.” Renaming is possible during the meeting (see screenshot above).
- Ask for the floor by using the “raise hand” function, accessed by clicking on the “Participants” tab (see screenshot above).
- When taking the floor, state the name of your Contracting Party, observer organization, or other affiliation. For the meeting, each Party should designate a head/spokesperson, identified by an asterisk (“EU* – Jane Doe”).
- In case of technical issues during the meeting, ask the facilitator for help via private chat, accessed via the “Chat” tab (see screenshot above).
- Use the breakout rooms to consult in private with your delegation. If not assigned to any breakout room yet, ask the facilitator via private chat.
- In the event of being disconnected from the meeting, reconnect using the same meeting link or code, and/or wait for instructions via email.
- Parties need to confirm approval or disapproval. Silence cannot be considered as acceptance due to possible technical or connection issues.
- Permission to share your screen during the meeting can be requested from the HELCOM Secretariat (facilitator).